Wednesday, March 22, 2006

50's Night

Tonite was a great show! There was a good variety of music and everyone sounded amazing. At first, I wasn't all that thrilled that Barry Manilow was the guest of the week. But everyone seemed excited because he had done wonders for the contestants in Season 3. I couldn't really remember any of that except that no one knew who he was and that pissed him off. But this time, I was totally able to see how he helped each contestant find their niche in the song. That man is a genius! If he can make Kevin Cobais sound good then you know he's doing something right. I think he and Byrd should work together every week, each season and really make the contestants shine. That would add a whole new level to the show.

Highlights:
Chris!! Man, oh man. I loved his rendition of "I Walk the Line". I'm not the biggest Johnny Cash fan and I vaguely know the song but I thought Chris' version was amazing. He made the song sound so much more haunting. Now, he actually did the band Live's cover of the song, but still it was amazing. By far, the best performance of the night.

Paris was also really really good. This is the type of stuff she needs to be doing. I loved the tribute she did to Peggy Lee in the first half of the song and then really belted out and made it her own in the 2nd half. That should definitely put her back up into the top half of the field.

Katharine was beautiful, elegant and sexy. I loved her performance. She just keeps getting better each week. I can't wait to see her in the finals.

Lowlights:
Bucky. That was a really underwhelming performance. I think it's about time for him to go. He doesn't really have that great of a voice and I can only see him struggling through most of themes.

Lisa. While she sounded great again, the song just didn't connect with her and the audience. That seems to be her problem. No one is connecting with her at all. Even this attempt to be youthful and fun didn't really work. And red high heels with white capri pants? Yeesh!

Taylor is just boring. People seem to really like him because he's interesting to watch but I just don't get it. His song was average, showed no range, and his performance was pretty bland. You can tell he loves singing and being on stage but I get the feeling that he's doing everything for himself, not really trying to connect with the audience at all. He deserves to be in the Bottom 3 tonite but I don't think he will be.

Bottom 3:
Bucky
Lisa
who knows. It could be Kevin but I think his fans will keep him safe for two more weeks. It should be Taylor but he's staying around for a long time. And people are now talking about Elliot so maybe it's him. I don't really think anyone else did horribly that they should be there. It's going to be intersting.

I think Bucky is finally gone (but would not be shocked if it was Lisa).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home