Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Top 8 Women

Finally! Now that Bitch (I mean Brenna) is off the show we can actually have a good competition going. I'm excited to watch everyone because I think they're all fairly equal in talent.

First up was Paris. First of all, did she (or anyone else) not learn during Season 3 that Gloria Estefan is just about the worst song choice ever? You never sound any better than what you get on a cruise ship. But Paris was able to pull it off. She didn't sound amazing vocally (because the song sucked so much ass) but her personality definitely made it better.

Lisa. She has a great voice but I think she's a boring performer. She keeps picking boring songs as well. She'll easily make it into the finals but I really don't see her getting very far (maybe to #8). She really needs to start singing some current, upbeat songs or she's gone.

Melissa. I thought she was great last night. That was the perfect song choice for her. I really think that if someone stumbles she could sneak into the finals. She reminds me a lot of Jessica Sierra. She's got a great voice but can't seem to find a fan base. Unfortunately, if she does make it into the finals she'll probably be out first or second.

Kinnik. That was pretty bad. If you're gonna sing Alicia Keys then you better have a great soulful voice. Kinnik has a good voice but she definitely have lower tones that dont really sound great when singing something like this. I think this is definitely her last night.

Katharine. WOW! She sang "Think" so easily. She sounded amazing, had good power and control, and had a lot of fun while singing it. The whole thing was, as Simon said, effortless. If she keeps performing like that she'll easily skate into the final 2. I think she realized how much having fun and connecting to a song really matters in a performance so hopefully her song selection will be consistant like that from here on out.

Ayla. This was an ok performance. I'm glad that she tried something a little uptempo but it wasn't the best song choice. I think Ayla has a great voice and really needs to sell it each week. Unfortunately she didn't this time. This could be the one performance that Melissa needed to move into the finals. While Ayla wasn't horrible, it wasn't amazing either. Plus, some people might be getting tired of Ayla being so perfect in everything she does so I can see her "accidentally" getting left behind and Melissa taking her spot in the finals.

Mandisa. HOORAY FOR MANDISA! Now that was a performance! She has an amazing voice, tons of personality and picked the perfect song for her. If she doesn't make it into the top 5 I'd be very surprised. It's between Mandisa and Katharine for being the top woman in this field. Awesome.

Kellie. Ugh. I'm so tired of Kellie and how retarded she is. I can't believe that she's really that naive. If so, then how the hell is she still alive? I'm tired of her cutesy "I ate Sal-mon" and "I'm a mink" sayings. Vocally, the performance was just ok. She has the weakest out of everyone that's left now and I think it should last night. When she goes for the higher notes her votes tends to lose it's fullness and starts to sound a tiny bit strained. It was a good song choice for her but it's getting hard to compete with others that have better voices. Right now, she's skating on her looks and "personality" (which has to be fake. No one can be that dumb.)

So who is going home? Definitely Kinnik. Most likely Melissa. But if there's an upset then I think Melissa is in and Ayla is probably going home. But I don't think that's going to happen.

I can't wait for the men tonite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home