Saturday, March 18, 2006

Poll Results (Stevie Wonder Week)


It looks like everyone expected Bucky & Kevin to be joining Melissa center stage, but Jesse pegged it with a vote for Lisa & Ace. It just goes to remind you that you have to be memorable and although Ace wasn't bad, you have to be REALLY good to be remembered if you were the first performer. Also, Lisa was at the beginning of a string of fantastic performances...again, not memorable.

As for the elimination, I would remind everyone to vote how America will vote (consider the middle of the country and who they root for) instead of just picking who you WANT to go home.

Now I give this rant almost every year, but for anyone who hasn't heard it, here is my take on American Idol and specifically this season, thus far:

American Idol is a show about singing, vocal talent and discovering an up-and-coming star. For me (and judging from past season winners, I'd say America feels the same) I want to vote for someone that starts the show with a raw talent and develops over the season. I want them to come into their own, but you know all along that they have something great to showcase. Performers that are polished and perfected before the Top 2 or 3 are to me, in a way...boring.

This season, Chris, Taylor and Mandisa already seemed too seasoned for me. Sure they will give some fantastic performances and I will enjoy hearing them, but I won't get excited to see how they will interpret the song.

Enter my girl, Katharine.


As I said (even before Simon), she is Joss Stone + Kelly Clarkson. She is very unique and each week I am excited to hear her soulful and powerful version of a song. Now, I wanted a guy to win just as much as the producers and I thought Ace might just be that guy, but I am dedicating myself to another girl American Idol: Kathrine McPhee.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jesse said...

I completely agree with your comments (but you already know that). I am hoping that Chris and Ace do really well (Chris should be #2. Ace, not sure yet.) But ultimately I think that Katharine is going to win it all for that same reason. Like I said in the very beginning, I also see her like the new Kelly Clarkson. I think that she's going to grow each week and blow us away (just like Kelly did). And, as she continues to grow, we're going to fall in love with her even more. She's going to ride that wave all the way into the finals and win it all.

5:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home