Friday, March 10, 2006

The Chosen Ones

So we finally have our final 12 to compete for the title of American Idol. There were a couple of surprises along that way. Before we get to that though, I just want to point out that I picked 9 of the correct 12. Ryan picked 8 of the 12. It's safe to say that I'm the better Idol fan. :) Sorry Ryan, it's true.

So let's talk about the shocks of last night. First of all, I was a little surprised that Will got knocked off. I wasn't really expecting him to do very well in the final 12 but I definitely thought he was better than both Bucky and Kevin. So that surprised me. I wasn't suprised (in fact, I was very happy) that Gedeon got knocked off. I think his overconfidant (cocky) attitude, plus his over-enunciation of words were too much for people to handle. However, he did have a better voice than Bucky and Kevin. So I think the real shock was that Bucky and Kevin actually made it in. I am predicting that Chicken Little will be the first person to leave next week.

On the women's side, it was no surprise that Kinnik left. She was horrible on Tues night. What was surprising was how great she sounded last night. I guess once you're kicked off and have nothing to lose anymore you can let everything go and just sing the song. She sounded great last night. If she would have sounded like that on Tues she would've definitely still been in the competition.

And I'm really proud that I called the Melissa/Ayla upset. But not really. When Ayla ended up being the one kicked off I was actually a little sad. I didn't realize how much I liked Ayla. I'm going to miss seeing her in the final 12 and not having her on the CD at the end. Melissa definitely deserves her spot though as she has only grown each week. But I predict her leaving in 3 weeks (after Chicken Little and Bucktooth). Melissa is going to be this year's Jessica Sierra.

I'm so excited that we're really in the competition now. It's going to be intense. I already hate the first theme (Stevie Wonder) because ever song will probably be a ballad but it'll be interesting to see what everyone picks. I'm really curious to see what Chris does.

My top 3 picks are Katharine, Chris and Mandisa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home