Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Girls: a completely UNDERWHELMING experience

For fuck's sake! Tonite was just plain painful to watch. Seriously, do these people want to win or not? Tonite's craptastic episode really makes me long for the amazing stage presence of Carrie Underwood (sarcasm) and the vocal prowess of Kelly. I don't see any of these women even coming close to what the previous Idols have done. Anyways, here's what I thought. They're in reverse order from last week.

Katharine McPhee. After that lame "we're dorks but I love her" montage we get some song that I've never heard of it. She's ok. She sounds a little flat on most of the notes. Her performance is boring. And what the hell is she wearing? Pants? Shorts? A skirt? Luckily she had an amazing week last week. She's still the best vocalist in the competition but this was an awful performance.

Kinnik Sky. I love Gretchen Wilson but this was no where near good. Kinnik's voice is too low. She looked like she was having fun on stage but it didn't sound all that great. I think she might struggle getting past this round.

Lisa Tucker. I actually saw her perform in the Lion King back in the day and thought "that kid has an amazing voice". Now, I still think she's got an amazing voice but damnit stop picking such boring ass songs! This is going to be her problem because she's going to be seen as a boring performer that no one can get behind because of the songs she picks. She really needs to come out with a contemporary song next week or she's really going to have problems.

Melissa McGhee. I wasn't really expecting anything out of Melissa but she actually impressed me tonite. She looked great, she sang in tune and had fun with the song. I like the husky voice she has. She reminds me of Lindsay Cardinale but better. Good for her, I think she earned herself a spot in next week's show. If she does well next week and someone stumbles I can see Melissa sneaking into the Top 12.

Heather Cox. Oh wow. She's taking on Mariah with that voice? That's such a bad choice. She doesn't sound bad (necessarily) but it doesn't sound good either. I think she really needed to knock it out of the park this week to stay in. She's hanging by a thread and this didn't really help her cause at all.

Brenna Gethers. UGH! I can't stand this bitch and all of the mugging to the camera is getting so old. God, she sounds horrible. Please vote for others so Vote for the Worst doesn't keep her in! I can't stand the thought of seeing her again next week.

Paris Bennett. I was hoping we'd have another performance like last week but alas, we get a slow song. She sounds great on it but I think people are really going to want to see her perform like she did last week. This would have been a good "movie song" for that theme week. Oh well. She can redeem herself next week.

Ayla Brown. I thought this was one of the best performances of the night. It was a good song choice for her and she was able to hit all of the notes in it (her voice kinda reminds me of Jessica Sierra's). She showed a lot of confidence as well. She's definitely around for next week and into the finals.

Kellie Pickler. First of all, I'm already tired of her "I'm a stupid country bumpkin" story. "I don't know what cal-u-maree is." I was wondering if anyone still liked her because it suddenly became all about Ace and Katharine last week. Unfortunately Kellie does have the likability factor that will keep her in but I honestly don't think she'll get very far into the finals. That being said, she did have a great performance tonite. She was having fun and sounded good. I think she needed to prove that to herself and her fans after last week.

Mandisa. This was by far the best performance of the night. She sounded amazing, looked great, and had a good time singing it. She is going to sail straight into the finals. I can't imagine the finals without her in it.

So, to rank everyone here is my order...

Mandisa
Ayla
Paris
Kellie
Melissa
Katharine
Lisa
Kinnik
Heather
Brenna

As for who is going home, I really don't know. I feel like Brenna for sure but can't decide if it's going to be Heather or Kinnik. Right now I'm leaning towards Heather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home