Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Let's Pick the Shittiest Songs of the 21st Century

Wow! Tonite had to have been the worst Idol episode of all time. No one was good. NO ONE! I didn't like a single performance tonite. The only one that was mildly entertaining was Paris. But I didn't like her song choice at all so I wasn't all that into it. Actually, I take that back. I enjoyed Taylor a little as well. It was nice to see him just sing a song and not be all Tourette's like he normally is.

Let's talk about Lisa. I figure we might as well because she's going home tomorrow. Seriously, just because you like a song doesn't mean that you can get up on stage and sing it; even if you do have a good voice. And if the song you love and are attempting to sing is Kelly Clarkson then you better sing the hell out of it because you know everyone is going to be comparing you to her. Sorry, but I think people are now thinking of Kelly as one of the untouchables (like Whitney, Celine and Mariah). Lisa was nowhere even close to being able to tackle that song. She was flat on most of the notes and although she tried to show emotion it still came off boring. All that added to the fact that she went first and has been in the bottom 3 the last weeks means you're going home. Bye.

The rest are lucky because they just got a free pass to next week but I dont' think any of them should feel safe because they were all equally bad. It really is going to be tough to pick the bottom 3. I actually think there will be surprises tomorrow.

Lisa for sure. I think Ace will most likely be the 2nd. He just wasn't good. Like I said a long time ago, he's strictly a balladeer. Once he starts doing fast stuff he sucks. The last spot is a tough one. Kellie was pretty horrendous and deserves to be in the bottom but i have a feeling her fans will keep her in. Bucky was pretty bad as normal but I do think that this was one of his better performances and might squeak by. Mandisa was all over the place and it sounded as if she was shouting her song more than anything else. Plus, I think it may be a little too "Jesusy" for tv and might turn off voters. Paris, Chris, Elliot and Katharine were all just ok.

So out of those I am going to go with Kellie or Mandisa for the last spot. I think it will end up being Mandisa, Ace, and Lisa.

And really, I don't care who it is. They all sucked. I didn't even bother voting this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home