Thursday, February 23, 2006

You Can Be My Father Figure, Ace

Each time I go to post, Jesse has beaten me to the punch! And really I don't disagree with him on much. So rather than seem repetitive, here is my super-dooper quick recap of both nights:

Girls
Ayla: surprised me too [SAFE]
Becky: considered pretty, decent voice [SAFE]
Brenna: the naughty one, personality saved a bad performance [SAFE]
Heather: trying to hard but another pretty one [SAFE]
Katharine: amazing vocal, got coveted "last spot" performance [SAFE]
Kellie: backstory (we know!), decent vocal (give it another listen) [SAFE]
Kinnik: maybe a man?, not enough screen time [OUT]
Lisa: cute, so polished, interesting song [SAFE]
Mandisa: the powerhouse, enough said [SAFE]
Melissa: another surprise, Jessica Sierra anyone? [SAFE]
Paris: amazing and contagious [SAFE]
Stevie: too much pouting, bad vocals [OUT]

Guys
Ace: swoon, sigh, faint [SAFE]
Bobby: Copa-terrible [OUT]
Bucky: interesting enough for now [SAFE]
Chris: sexy and ready to record [SAFE]
David: don't be sad! I'll vote for you! [SAFE]
Elliott: surprise of the night [SAFE]
Gedeon: amazingly annoying/confident [OUT]
Jose: that Mariah-note saved your Daly City ass [SAFE]
Kevin: one more round, that's all you get [SAFE]
Patrick: tall balladeer? count me in! [SAFE]
Taylor: a true artist, Idol needs him [SAFE]
Will: cute with enough talent to last a few more rounds [SAFE]

OTHER NOTES:
• Between his "model posing" and rubbing sweat off of contestants, Ryan is slowly letting us in on his *ahem* softer side.
• Paula is my favorite judge so far, this season. Balanced comments (though they will always be "artist supportive" but someone needs to be doing that) her own pet name for the girls (Paula's Puppy Pound) plus a little humor (admitting that the gays will love Ace).
• Yay! for updated background visuals (fire is HOT...but don't overuse it).
• Vote splitting (a la, Jennifer Hudson/LaToya London) will be a big factor this year.

Results tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Snotty said...

Well I'm a gay and I adore Ace, it does make my lust feel a lil' more credible since he can actually sing.

10:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home