Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Finale

So let's do a quick recap of last week. It really sucks that Elliott was eliminated because I sincerely think he wants it the most. He wears his heart on his sleeve and you can tell that he was really touched about everything that was happening to him. He would have been an amazing Idol. But alas, we're left with Kat and Taylor.

So that brings us to tonite. From what I've been reading they each have a different Idol single (like Clay and Ruben) and will sing two previous songs from the season along with their new single. I'm really excited to hear what they come up for the new singles (especially Taylor's). I'm sure Kat's will be a ballad much like "I Believe" from Season 3. I have no idea what they'll give Taylor since his style is so unique. But will these songs help determine the winner? Sappy ballads are easier to pull off for women so I think Kat would have the advantage, but if someone wrote a bluesy kind of song for Taylor he might be able to pull that off even better. It's going to be exciting.

What's even more exciting is that I'm going to be there tonite!! A friend of mine got tickets to tonite's show and invited me yesterday afternoon. This will be the first time that I see the show at the Kodak so I'm really pumped for that. I can just imagine how much more intense it's going to be. I just hope we actually get in (the tickets aren't guaranteed) but since it's the Kodak I think they'll be able to accomodate. I'm just bummed we couldn't get tickets for tomorrow instead but hey, at least all of the Top 12 (and a lot of celebs) will be there tonite as well. It's going to be fun.

My pick? I'm rooting for Kat. From the very beginning I said that she was going to win. Even though I'm not a huge fan of hers I still like her better than Taylor so I'm going to stay with my pick and hope she pulls it off. However, I think Taylor will probably end up taking it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home