Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Finale Part 2

So being at the finale today was pretty fun. I saw a ton of old Idols that were there. Unfortunately, No Pubes wasn't there but Federov was. I saw him a lot. I also saw Nadia, George Huff, LaToya, JPL (so not cute), Constantine, Will Makar and Patrick Hall from this season, and all of the Top 12. It seems like they're all coming out for this finale.

Judging just off of the audience reaction in the room, Taylor won this thing by a landslide. He has so many fans that were screaming everytime he got on stage. There was even a time when people were booing when Simon said that Kat just "tied it up". People definitely want him to win.

Now in terms of tonite's show, I actually think that Kat had the better performance. Taylor won the first round (bad choice for Kat), but she sang circles around him with Over the Rainbow in round 2. Now, round 3 was the important one. Both songs pretty much sucked ass. Kat's was horrid. I can't believe that was what they chose. It may be almost as bad as Inside my Vagina but not quite. you can tell that she didn't even like the song but at least she sounded good on it (except for a couple of bum notes up on top). Taylor's song was a little better but he was all over the place vocally. Watching it back on tv you can't really tell because it was drowned out, but he wasn't on key for the entire 1st verse. And then that horrible high note at the end of the song, yeesh! I would give that round to Kat and call her the winner. However, based on the crowd I am almost 100% positive that Taylor's going to run away with this thing. I don't even think it's going to be close (that's how many fans he had there). Oh well, at least the season was really fun. I'm already looking forward to next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home