Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Now That's What I'm Talking About!

I knew this theme would be a good one. You can't really go wrong with these kinds of standards (unless your name is Kellie Pickler) and I had a feeling that everyone would be on their game. I wasn't disappointed at all. This was, by far, the best night of Idol this season. It really showed how talented everyone is and, now that Bucky is gone, how wide open the field is because whoever is in the bottom 3 tonite doesn't deserve to be there (except for Kellie).

Chris. That was so awesome and he sounded so great. I would love for him to put that song on the AI5 CD. I think that could have been his best performance yet!

Paris. I love when she does this jazzy kind of stuff. That's definitely her forte. She needs to be doing the Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald kind of thang. She was working it out! And she didn't need to shake her weave all over the place. I loved it.

Taylor. I loved what he did to the song at the end. I thought it was a great choice and he sounded awesome.

Elliott. I can't believe that Simon said he showed no personality. Had he noticed that just about everyone was just standing at the mic and singing, not really moving around or connecting with anyone? Anyways, he sounded great as well. I am really starting to like him.

Then we have Kellie. She's such a dumb twat. She was way off. It was a boring song, but even if the song is boring you have to sing it well. I remember back in the good ol' days Randy would tell Kelly (Clarkson) and Clay "that song was boring, but you know what? You sang the hell out of it! It was amazing!". Kellie came nowhere near that. She was off key the whole time and knew it. The sad thing is that her voice is so much stronger now than it was during in the beginning. I think vocally, she's the most improved of the bunch and people are picking up on that. She's the one that could carry it all the way through because she's improviing throughout the competition. People like Chris and Katharine were so good and polished in the beginning that people will start to get bored of them now because they know they're going to knock it out of the park each week.

Ace was actually really good. He was a little nasal in the middle of the song but the beginning and the end sounded great. He really needs to start singing more stuff in that lower register because it sounds nice. I think he tends to go nasally when he's right in the middle of the lower and the falsetto. But I really liked him last night (except for the pulled back hair. That looked so bad. Now I know he's straight cuz no gay guy would ever do that.)

And Katharine was by far the best of the night. This is her type of music and she was brilliant. And damn, she's so hot too.

So the bottom 3 will be Elliot, Ace, and Kellie. And if Kellie miraculously doesn't make it to the bottom then I think it'll be Paris. Who should go home tonite? Kellie, by a mile. Who will go home tonite? Probably Ace unfortunately. It sucks because now everyone that's left is really good and could win this so each week is going to be really tough to see someone leave. I just hope that Kellie is the one to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home